Thursday, January 29, 2009
And Monday Archie slept wrong on his back or hit a pothole that was too big becuz when he woke up his upper back was in excruciating pain. So we're both pretty out of commission right now! But we're keeping the faith, keeping the postivism of life!! HAR HAR!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
1. I have two wonderful kitties named Frodo and Wolfgang. Wolfgang has six toes on three of his paws and a big thumb on the other! He's our mutant kitty. Since Frodo was weaned too early as a kitten he still loves to suck on my arm sine I'm his momma!
2. My most awesome and amazing husband cries in movies more than I do! I love not being the biggest boob in the family when it comes to hallmark commercials!
3. I served a mission for my church to the Canary Islands, which are apart of Spain, but located off the coast of Morocco in Africa, where I learned to speak a bit of Spanish!
4. I graduated from Portland State University in Portland, OR in 2007 with two Bachelor's degrees in Spanish and Applied Linguistics. I love learning anything and everything about language and how we use it! Though, I'm not really great at learning other languages....
5. I love to watch movies. Archie and I are up to about 430 DVDs in our collection, including TV on DVD!
6. I'm studying to be a medical transcriptionist so I can stay at home and work and be a mommy as well! I now know where my metacarpals are as opposed to my metatarsals!
7. I have two relatives in the "bighouse", but they should not be in there!
8. I love to digital scrapbook since it's a bit cheaper than regular scrapbooking, but I can't sit for very long right now since I swell to whale size due to being huge and preggo! So I'll get back to it soon!
9. I love to read! I could start my own mini library if I wanted to! My favoritest book is "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte. Good reading. I love fantasy books, mysteries, John Grisham's older lawyer books like "Pelican Brief" and "The Firm," of course "Harry Potter," and I actually enjoy textbooks relating to what I graduated in Spanish and linguistics! I'm a nerd!
10. I also love to play computer games and console games. I also have a bit of an itch at times for role playing games with my hubby. My faves on the Xbox 360 are Rock Band and Guitar Heroes!!! Plus Karaoke.
11. I love to sing, thus the karaoke! Though, I'm not the best singer, I still enjoy it!
12. I played the flute in junior high, but gave it up in high school since I just didn't want to study the whole idea of music theory! It was math all over again!
13. I had a very short career as an actress back in ninth grade! I was the innkeeper in the play "The Pied Piper of Hamlin."
14. Spent a month in Guatemala for school! It was an amazing experience!
15. Held a job where they paid me to watch and transcribe the news!
16. I hate peas when they are steamed or cooked out of a can. Still in the pod in a salad or stir fried not too shabby, though.
17. I love anything and everything to do with peanut butter! And if it has chocolate as well so much the better! I go through a jar of peanut butter in about a month!
18. Lived in one house for seventeen years! And I think it was slightly haunted...my bro. Roger can tell you more!
19. I'm also a published author...two of my poems in fifth grade were published in the school newsletter!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
20. Starred in my bro's home made Star Trek movie where I was cast as Deanna Toi! Good Times.
21. My waist is over 47 inches at almost 37 weeks of pregnancy!
22. Even though I'm a woman I have never been baby hungry nor am I now that I'm about to have one! Crazy! Just getting prepared to me a mom and that's that!
23. I hate to cook unless it's something really simple and yummy like muffins from a box. And I don't sew to save my life. If something needs mending it's Archie I run to! He's borrowing my mom's sewing machine to he can make our couch a covering!
24. Am not very glamorous, only wear makeup on rare special occasions and even then it's pretty mild. I take 5 min to 10 min in the shower and hardly ever blow dry my hair or use any styling products! I'm a wash and go girl! And the highest heeled shoes I've ever worn were 3 cm off the ground!
25. I love to play sports! Basketball is my favorite followed by volleyball and softball. I love the Utah Jazz. And walking and doing aerobics (along with sports) are my favorite ways to stay in shape (when I'm not pregnant, that is).
Here was plenty of random and boring things about me!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
My sister Cheryl, cousin Kareena, Sis in law Cristi, Aunt Christa
Cousins Becky and Trisha
My friends Jeanene, Annie, and Jan!
My friends Renae, Amanda, Rachael, and Ruth!
Gabe really needs to come out now!
Here's Sarah, who threw the friend shower, sitting on the chair!
I just want to shout out a big thanks to my sister DeAnn, my mother, and Sarah who took the time to help me out with the showers! You are the best! They were so fun and it was great to see everyone again! Lots of love to you all!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Here's his chicken leg!
Cute little face!
His hands and arms
Saturday, January 17, 2009
This is one of their natural resources Lake Champey
It's beautiful with the flower!
One of the students!
Some of us girls on the trip
The lake around Panajachel!
Some more of us on a rainy day driving up to the schools!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Here he actually starts using it!!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope. I gained a lot more weight, but that was because of being pregnant!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law Sarah
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the states! One day I may get back out there in that world!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A more stable money situation. A job as a medical transcriptionist. To not be pregnant for over six months of one year!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I found out I was pregnant at the doctor's office, when I quit ebay and started up Career Step, the day we found out we were having a baby boy.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting pregnant, starting school at Career Step, working for a whole year at a full-time job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting as much as I wanted done with school, not saving as much money as I should've.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sinus infections, colds, back pain, you know that works!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Stuff for the baby.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Archie's, lots of friends and family.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'd rather not talk about it.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, baby, DVDs
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hmmmm....quitting eBay! I'm still in trepidation about the baby...
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Jason Mraz' song
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
more stressed out!
b) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Worked harder to save money and get more done in school.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We went to friends' house Sarah and Matt's it was fun!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones, Fringe, Medium
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn't have one.
27. What did you want and get?
A new/used computer for us! Oh, and getting pregnant....
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Walle and Kung Fu Panda
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a fever/sinus infection, went hiking to Timp cave and ate at the Cheesecake factory with Archie.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a back yard!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Whatever is comfy.
33. What kept you sane?
My hubby Archie and my kitties Wolfy and Frodo!
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tina Fey as Sarah Palin!! Some good laughs!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
The Frey's, Catie, Ruth
37. Who was the best new person you met in 2008?
Jeanene!!! She's my MT buddy and super talented and sweet!
Being pregnant is hard and thus being a parent will be even harder.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If only you believe in yourself, I know you can achieve...you won't be scared!