Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Women's Day!

Image source: Broken Beautiful
Yes, it's mother's day and I want to wish all those who are mother's a happy one. But I like to think that just being a woman is pretty darn special. I remember when I wasn't a mother and how every year I'd head over for the family party and I just felt lame, deficient, etc. I have two sisters and they both gave to each other on that day, but I was always left out...My mom is pretty darn awesome so she always included me with a card and a hug...but still. What about all those women out there who want to be parents and can't? I just feels a bit too in your face every year.

So I say let's just celebrate womanhood! Whether you have children, want children but don't yet, don't have any and probably won't, let's just celebrate together! We're awesome. And no matter who you are, you awesome for who you are now, not for who you may or may not be in the future. Let's celebrate the wonderful women in our lives...our moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, daughters, cousins, and friends! You are BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!