Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bring it on, 2013! I always plan on the new year being better than the last! Live it up. Love it up.

A few exciting changes for the year??? Get my debts paid down and I really want to get into a bit of gardening. Since we live in a town home, we have no yard. We have a little porch and two side areas with dirt. So I got Container Gardening For Dummies for Christmas this year and hope to create a little garden of containers with flowers and herbs. I also plan on writing more.

You know the usual schtick about doing better and being better always happens this time of year. But I think every year it's a great time to reassess ourselves. Are we better off this year than last? Are we happier? Did we help others to be happier/did we do a bit to make the world a better place than we found it? And then in turn look to where we need improve, what we didn't like, and how we're going to make our piece of world a bit better this year.

I guess one other thing that's pretty specific has been on my mind lately. I have a friend who writes her obituary yearly. She makes a few changes to reflect new bits of her life accumulated each year. I think it's beautiful. So I plan on doing just that. Looking at mortality a bit more in the year and writing my obituary and planning my funeral. Death and rebirth, the cycle of life.

Welcome to 2013!

Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known!!!! Yea, we r nerds. We all have matching Carl Sagan shirts:)
Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known---Carl Sagan. Yes, we are nerds.


Christmas kitty:)
Wolfy says Meowy Christmas!


Beautiful Sunday morning:)
A beautiful winter morning.


We r classy:) love ya, honey!
Living it up at our Winter Solstice party!


He's so adorable!
Taking a hayride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!