Monday, April 1, 2013

Springtime!!!!

It's crazy how fast time flies. We've already seen Gabe turn 4

May all your wishes come true, Gabe.
Happy 4th, Gabe!


and now Spring is officially here. Easter is a great way to celebrate Spring and rebirth and the cycles of life, and flowers!

Egg coloring!!
Easter egg coloring!


Crayon art!
Spring art with crayons and a blow dryer :)


I even got a hike in before the plague of death (aka Influenza) hit our house for two weeks, which we're still recovering from....

#hiking #battlecreek
Hiked up to Battle Creek near our home


#battlecreek #hiking
I loved the Sun with the trees


I planted a few flowers in some containers. We have no yard to speak of so we have to make use of our tiny front and back porches. We do have some side dirt too, but the dirt is horrible so we'll have to figure out how to get the dirt from clay to good soil!

I planted flowers! We shall see if they survive....
My first attempt at planting flowers!


Gabe and Shadow.
Gabe and his kitty Shadow snuggling


And to celebrate Spring and Easter we headed out to the Holi Festival of Colors at our local Hare Krishna Temple...

Color Festival!



Gabe so colorful!


Archie and Gabe at Color Festival.


I also break out my cooking chops and make crepes Easter morning and invite up my family to share with them. I've been doing this for the past three years!!!

So a big hearty welcome to Spring. Even though it's literally cloudy and raining outside while I type this, I know warm days are continually just around the corner.

Oh, and to top it all off, I watched The Hobbit for the first time with my brother, son, and hubby :) A perfect way to end the day.

1 comment:

  1. no the best part your most favorite person came to visit you!!! Sorry we got you sick!!! We miss you and love you and I am so glad you guys are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!