Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Samplings- Canary Islands

Just wanted to share one experience while I was there...

We kind of stick out like a sore thumb as missionaries...in dresses and backpacks. So we were bound to get some interesting catcalls and such from some of the locals...

My companion and I were just walking down the street not trying to mind our own business (we're trying to share our gospel message), but minding our own business when it came to snotty teenage boys. We were assaulted with tennis balls! Thwack, right on my bum, thwack, on my head. I mean, what do you do in that situation? I'm in a foreign country, a woman, learning a new language...it's not like I can go swear at them in their own language, it would've been fun to do in English since they'd have no idea what I was saying. But then I'm representing my church and God...so gotta turn the other cheek.

So we just ended up ignoring them and hoped we didn't embarrass ourselves too much. Little punks!

1 comment:

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!