Friday, December 2, 2011

Our Own Family Magic

I haven't posted on here as much as I'd like. My camera has been on the fritz, among other things. So no new pictures right now. But the holidays, Winter Solstice, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa are all upon us. I love this time of year. It's always been a magical time for me. For me it's about family and friends, making cookies and delivering them to neighbors, helping those in need (not that this is the only time of year to do that!), trying out new recipes, meeting new people, setting up decorations, and starting new traditions with my own family.

It's really amazing to me that I have my own family and I can start making this time of year magical for my own son. So even though this time inevitably brings its own set of loneliness, stress and anxiety, I know it'll still be magical since I'll be with loved ones and enjoying this wonderful and short time on this planet Earth and celebrating traditions that have been handed down since time immemorial. And that's always a reason to celebrate. May you all have your own family magic this year.

This song below expresses my feelings so well as only Tim Minchin can. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!