Saturday, December 6, 2008

Stupid Smoke Alarms!

I definitely almost killed myself yesterday morning. The smoke alarm in our bedroom decided its battery juice was depleted and therefore needed to annoy me early in the morning, of course right after Archie had left for work. They're VERY LOUD!! No way was I going to be able to sleep anymore. It's a good thing I'm tall....OK not at all. I could barely reach the alarm while standing on a chair so I had to add a couple of my thick books in order to reach it. It wasn't very stable and it took a few tries to get it off and then to actually detach the stupid thing from the ceiling! GRRRRR. I wasn't a happy camper. So I chucked it down stairs in the basement with a lot of blankets to help muffle the very annoying beeping sound. I wish they could make the alarms smart so they would only alert you in the late morning and early evening hours! I could've been one of those women "who fell and couldn't get up." And Archie would've found me half dead and insane because the alarm would still be blearing and I'm too large to actually get up off the ground....

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha! That is a funny story. How annoying!

    No, not ready to graduate quite yet, but I've moved onto intermediates and they are a lot easier than the beginning transcription... after intermediates, it is on to advanced! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be careful! Balance is too good w/ a belly in front of you! :) I'd probably beat the thing w/ a hammer if it took away from my sleep. Just wait till you're awaken MULTIPLE times during the night by crying!!!! Maybe this was preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that is great when we come over we have to get a pic so you can post it and all can get the image:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so hilarious Heather!!! You must enjoy every second of sleep right now so I'm glad you got rid of the smoke alarm!

    ReplyDelete

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!