Tuesday, March 31, 2009
The Movie Quiz
One of my friends had this quiz on his blog and it was really fun so I'm sharing it all with you!: Thanks Elder Saunders!!!
A-Pick 20 favorite movies
B-Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie
C-Post them for others to guess
D-Include an actor's name as a hint and check off each quote when it's guessed correctly
1. The city has fallen silent. There is no warmth left in the sun.
It is only the damp of the first spring rain. I do not believe this darkness will endure. (Sean Bean)
2. Anyone for fruit or dessert? (Madeline Kahn)
3. They know that we know that they know that we know. (Carrie Fisher)
4. It is always surprising how small a part of life is taken up by meaningful moments. Most often they are over before they start although they cast a light on the future and make the person who originated them unforgettable. (Chow Yun-Fat)
5. Ugh...I can hear you getting fatter. (Brian Dennehy) (Guessed right by Nancy)
6. I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food. (Albert Brooks) (Guessed right by Nancy)
7. ...I want a wife. I want a wife, not a nursemaid to look after me. I want a wife to share my bed every night, all day if we wish. If I can't have that, I'd rather die. We're not the platonic sort...
Can you see me? Then here this...Your life is not yours to give up. It is mine, all mine and I forbid it. (Ruth Wilson)
8. And that put paid to it. I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?
I thought that poetry was the food of love.
Of a fine stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead
So what do you recommend to encourage affection?
Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.(Matthew McFadyen) (Guessed right by Nancy)
9. You know, there's like a boat-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff. (Tina Majorino)
10. That's the beauty of music. They can't get that from you... Haven't you ever felt that way about music?
I played a mean harmonica as a younger man. Lost interest in it though. Didn't make much sense in here.
Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget.
Forget that... there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.
What're you talking about?
Hope. (Clancy Brown)
11. No, you submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you. (Madeleine Stowe)
12. Dying's a really hard way to learn about life. (Nicole Kidman)
13. You love me?
Enough to travel the world with you until one of us has to take an honest job... which I think is going to have to be you, because I have no idea what an honest job is. (Judi Dench)
14. If we get any more white people in here, this is gonna be a suburb. (John Travolta)
15. Doesn't anybody use a phone anymore?
I'm not talking about 900 numbers.
Who told? (Bill Pullman)
16. Our love is like the wind... I can’t see it, but I sure can feel it. (Daryl Hannah)
17. How could I forget about you? You're the only person I know. (Chris Cooper)
18. I trust everyone. It's the devil inside them I don't trust. (Edward Norton)
19. Tell me the story about why you're sad.
You think I'm sad?
What makes you think that?
Your eyes told me. (Toni Collette)
20. There are a lot of things I can take, and some things I can't. But what I can't take is when my older brother, who's everything that I want to be, starts losing faith in things. I saw that look in your eyes last night. I don't ever want to see that look in your eyes again. (Rory Culkin)