Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Everything Austen Challenge


I'm a huge Jane Austen fan and I heard about this Jane Austen challenge called The Everything Austen Challenge from Kim and her book blog The Queen Bees Book Club. If you would like to join the challenge click on The Everything Austen Challenge link.

I am very excited to start up! It was actually "Sense and Sensibility" that got me going on my love of Jane Austen. But my all-time favorite (no surprise here) is "Pride and Prejudice." I've read multiple sequels and Austen-inspired books on it through the years! For the challenge I'm to read six or watch six or a combination of them both Austen-inspired books, her actual novels, or movies by January 1, 2010. So here it goes:

Pride and Prejudice: The movie with Keira Knightley!

Sense and Sensibility: The movie with Emma Thompson

Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler

Emma: The movie with Gwyneth Paltrow

Persuasion: The most recent BBC version

The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy by Mary Street

Wish me luck on my Austen journey! Woot!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are joining in on my challenge!! S&S with Emma Thompson is my all time favorite movie and I can't wait to watch it again!

    ReplyDelete

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!