Saturday, September 12, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge: Book Review: The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy by Maya Slater

The Private Diary of Mr. Darcy by Maya Slater (2009)

One Line Review: He catalogs his own books, hangs out with Lord Byron, and sleeps with prostitutes and serving girls.

I like the idea of a diary from Darcy's perspective, but though it was more detailed than The Confession of Fitzwilliam Darcy, it portrayed my beloved Darcy as rather boring and a bit too free with the opposite sex than I would ever imagine, and the friendship between him and Lord Byron was a bit too much. I don't think they would have ever gotten along; it seemed forced.

And from this Darcy I can't understand why Lizzy would have ever fallen for him! Oh, well. I still have Pamela Aidan's novels on Darcy's perspective to keep my company and I have yet to read Amanda Grange's Mr. Darcy's Diary. So hopefully there are others out there worthy of my Mr. Darcy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!