Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Samplings: My Scariest Dream

My dreams are never very life-like. I'm usually flying like Superman or meeting celebrities, etc. It's the real life dreams that really are quite frightening and I don't have too many of these, thank goodness.

The scariest dream I ever had was about six months into my marriage. I dreamed that Archie was walking down the street with his Aunt Jean and his mother at night. You know one of those dark alley type situations. And he got mugged and knifed. He was rushed to the hospital and there was nothing I could do. I just had to watch and do nothing. I woke up crying my eyes out. It was the most vivid dream I have ever had, even to this date. It's definitely not anything I want to experience again. But I'll probably inevitably have one about Boog one day that will make wake up bawling...I just am not looking forward to that day. Oh, the stuff of dreams. Thank goodness I don't have a psychic gift with dreams!!

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who knows a lot about how to intrepret your own dreams. I always hope not to dream because that means I wasn't sleeping soundly enough. I consider 6 hours--no tossing or turning--to be heaven!

    I read once that it isn't so much as WHAT is happening in a dream, as it is what's being SAID. Not too long ago I had a dream that I was chuggin down a whole bottle of Vodka I had found in the hall closet -- What the !! In my dream I remember not tasting anything. I also thought I should have had a buzz or something :) No, I don't hide my drinking -- I mean I don't drink at all.

    ReplyDelete

It really makes my day when comments are left since I know who is stopping by and checking in and I feel so loved and you will be my best friend for life!